Tuesday, September 28, 2010

grey hair is a crown of splendor...

A bent-over lady wearing a crown of splendor addressed my children in the Post Office. After making eye contact and exchanging a few words with each one, she turned to me and shared: " I have 9 children. When they were young, people would often ask me: 'With so many children you surely must have favorites - don't you love one more than some?'  And I would answer: 'But of course! The one who is gone until he comes back and the one who is sick until he gets well!' "
She walked off with a smile of remembrance and left me with a line to remember and an encouraged heart: she obviously did not merely survive 9 children but grew in wisdom in the midst of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day: add to my therapy with your words:-)